2.09.2009

Baby Pictures: Saint Joseph Michigan


Today I had the opportunity to photograph a beautiful baby boy here in Southwest Michigan. I don't normally blog about my family portrait work but I thought I'd start putting more of my baby pictures on the blog since it is slowly becoming a bigger part of what I shoot here in Saint Joesph Michigan.

Photographing newborns on location is not only a lot of fun it is a welcome change of pace from the hectic, but exciting weddings I'm so accustomed to shooting on weekends. A typical shoot revolves around the babies schedule and involves me showing up on location, scouting the light in a house and setting up a portable backdrop by a window. We'll shoot some portraits of the baby with the back drop and then sometimes get more creative and use the room or furniture in the house for props and backdrops. This is of course if the baby doesn't fall asleep first...

If you or someone you know is having a baby soon and would be interested in scheduling a newborn portrait session please contact me through my website! Many thanks to Dave & Molly for inviting me into their home and allowing me to photograph their son!

2 comments:

PT said...

love the baby feet! so cute ben!

Unknown said...

Holy Cats these are amazing!!!

Ginny Klemm